A dental bridge as the name suggests helps in bridging the gap between two adjacent teeth. It is a permanent appliance that replaces a missing tooth or missing teeth and can help you eat and speak better and improve how your teeth and mouth look.
If a tooth is missing, nearby teeth can move into the empty space. The teeth in your opposite jaw can also move up or down toward the space. This can cause bite problems, chewing difficulties, and pain.
Dental bridges are an alternative to partial dentures and provide many benefits, including:
- Giving your mouth and smile a natural look.
- Restoring your ability to speak normally, as missing teeth can make it hard to pronounce words (enunciate).
- Maintaining normal facial structure by preventing bone loss from the jaw at the site of the missing tooth/teeth.
- Helping you chew food better.
- Preventing adjacent teeth from moving into the empty space, which can cause problems with your bite and other complications.
Not everyone is a good candidate for a dental bridge. Factors that make you a good candidate for a dental bridge include:
- Missing one or more permanent teeth
- Having overall good health (e.g., no serious medical conditions, infections, or other health
- Having healthy teeth and a strong bone structure to support the bridge
- Having good oral health
If you are a good candidate, Dr. Soto The Downey Dentist can give you the strength to eat and chew your food correctly with the use of a dental bridge.
START SMILING WITH MORE CONFIDENCE
We’ve made requesting an appointment simple. Just click and set up your visit. Then, if for any reason you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, or are delayed, simply call us at 562-923-7799. We look forward to seeing your smile.